Friday, June 20, 2014

Southern Beauty

The husband and I went for a Sunday stroll around the university lake a bit ago.  We are soaking up this southern summer as much as possible.  We had a lovely night, one that lacked only the fireflies, which I'm yearning to see.

Southern charm is infectious.  It permeates nearly everything--architecture, foliage, food preparation, store checkout lines.  The element it eludes is the driving manners--they are dismal.  But these homes and the fried chicken encourage us to overlook the rude driving.






^^I could not get the expanse of these trees within the scope of my lens.  I'm dying to climb up and swing my legs while eating a  peanut butter sandwich and chatting with Forrest Gump.




^^Among all the beautiful plantation-style homes we saw, this quaint, manicured cottage-style was Preston's favorite.




Have a happy weekend, friends.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I especially love the huge tree with pbj and Forrest imagery -- made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete