Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Quarter of a Century


Last Saturday I turned 25 years old.  Admittedly, every time someone reminds me that I've achieved "a quarter of a century," all I really hear in my head are the voices of a young Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe, discussing Harry becoming the youngest Seeker in "...a century.  According to McGonagall."  I want to finish everyone's sentences for them with just that.

Harry Potter movie quotes aside, age 25 has been pretty good.  Preston drove us south, past acres of gorgeous farmland that made my heart leap, for a day of adventure at Brown County State Park and a pleasant evening around Nashville, IN.  We stopped at the General Store for some fried biscuits rolled in cinnamon and sugar and smothered in apple butter.  Who needs birthday cake when you can eat ten fried biscuits?  Oh man.  Have mercy.



I took ample pictures of the vistas and scenic winding roads (what is it about winding roads shadowed by autumn leaves?) all through the state park, mostly for my mom and her friend, Kenna. (Enjoy the views, ladies.)  The day saw rain and clouds, which only added to drama of the autumn landscape.  Preston and I ended our adventure feeling invigorated--both of us miss the mountains very much, and getting up into these hills settled our longing a bit.  If you ever visit the area, I highly recommend a jaunt through Brown County.  Especially on a birthday.


  
 



   




Making it to 25 has been a blast.  With a birthday in October, each year is destined to just keep getting better.  October is the greatest.  So are birthdays.  Thanks for all the love, friends.  Have a good one.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! That area is beautiful and you captured it well!

    ReplyDelete